Linear Equations: Learning Games and Critical Thinking Activities Bundle
This PDF download includes:
• 14 different active learning games specifically designed to support the learning the Common Core Standards related to Linear Equations.
• Comprehensive mathematical thinking development.
• Instructions, variations to scaffold and differentiate instruction.
• All the Instructional cards for teaching and practicing translating between a linear equation, its table of values, its graph, its slope and intercepts.
• Instructions on learning activities, assessments, sponge activities, and learning centers based on the games, cards, and the standards.
• Rules constructed on schema of known games.
• Intelligently considerate of students’ learning preferences.
Created by the winner of the National Mathematics Leadership Award, this resource is a carefully designed collection of instructional games and much more. It is grounded on the best research for helping students learn how to be engaged in mathematical thinking, how to retain important information, and how to develop a meaningful and robust conceptual understanding of the underlying mathematical concepts under study.
Concepts and Skills: determining the slope of an line given an equation, finding the intercepts of a line, interpreting the slope and the intercepts from the graph of a line, graphing an equation from a table of values, graphing an equation using the slope and y-intercept, construct the equation of a line given its slope and y-intercept, determine whether a given point is on a particular line, , determining whether two equations are equations are equivalent, determining if a line p is parallel to a line q, determining if a line p is perpendicular to a line q.