Also included in
- Science Skills Mega Bundle: Graphing, Concept Mapping, Scientific Method, Metric System, Scientific Measurement, Lab Safety, Significant Digits, Analyzing Data, Graphic Organizers, Scientific Notation, Scientific Writing, and More!After many years of teaching, I have come to realize that what my st$87.50$132.66Save $45.16
Teach, review, and reinforce these very important science skills: Graphing, Scientific Method, Analyzing data, Experimental design, and Scientific Writing. Teaching the science skills is of the utmost importance. If the skills are taught properly at the beginning of the school year, your students will be equipped with the tools they need to be successful for the rest of the year. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version.
This resource is perfect for traditional classrooms, flipped classrooms, distance learning, and for students in 1:1 classrooms.
This resource includes:
- Editable and Printable Student Handouts
- Paperless Digital Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive. (Students will use drag and drop elements and a series of text boxes to construct their graph. The graph is constructed by the students, and is not electronically produced.)
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Grading rubric for student work.
- Teacher Guide to Google Apps
The purpose of this assignment is to:
- Reinforce graphing skills.
- Teach students to interpret and analyze a graph.
- Provide writing prompts to teach students how to design a controlled experiment.
- Teach students to identify the independent and dependent variables in an experiment.
- Teach students how to apply the scientific method to a particular scenario.
- Give students practice in scientific writing.
Three different scenarios and sets of data will be provided in worksheet form for the students. In the first, you will lead your students through the process of graphing, designing an experiment, and scientific writing. Your job as the teacher will be to guide them through the first worksheet and example. After you teach them this process, two more scenarios are provided so that you can have your students practice this important skill.
I believe that it is very important to use a grading rubric when evaluating students on this type of assignment. I have included a possible rubric for you to use. It can easily be edited to meet your needs.
In my own classes, I follow these steps when using these materials:
- I use the first example to teach the students what I expect. We do the first example together in class. After we complete the first example, I pass out the grading rubric to show how the work we completed on the first example would be scored according to the rubric.
- I have the students complete the second example in class as I monitor and check for understanding.
- I have the students complete the third example as a homework assignment. I have also used the third example as a daily quiz grade.
You will receive worksheets that are ready to be copied and passed out to your students. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf version of the worksheets.
All answers are included as well as sample essays for experimental design.
Related Products Include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: