In this lesson you will find:
1. Notes you can use to teach students the procedure for graphing a parabola.
2. Worksheet: GPARA1 containing 10 equations for students to graph. Graph paper included.
3. Worksheet: GPARA2 containing 10 equations for students to graph. Graph paper included.
4. Worksheet: SHIFTS. Students learn how horizontal and vertical shifts affect the graphs.
5. Puzzle on parabolas: From my book, Puzzling Algebra. Student solve riddle by graphing parabolas.
6. Extension activity: Students discover patterns in the y values of parabolas.
Complete, computer-created answer keys are provided for your convenience.
Please visit my store at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Steve-Hiner
Thanks, and enjoy,