Graphing the Sine Function
Also included in
- Your students will master Graphing Sine and Cosine with this full unit bundle! This unit bundle includes everything you need to teach lessons that build in difficulty, review past knowledge, and come complete with notes, classwork, and homework! Students will successfully identify characteristics oPrice $11.60Original Price $14.50Save $2.90
- Graphing the Sine and Cosine Functions Exploration Bundle are activities that help students make connections to the unit circle! Students will find the values of sine and cosine for angles on the unit circle and then plot those points to draw the sine and cosine curves, respectively. Choose what infPrice $2.00Original Price $2.50Save $0.50
- Your students will master Graphing Trig Functions with this full unit bundle! This graphing trig functions unit bundle includes everything you need to teach lessons that build in difficulty, review past knowledge, and come complete with notes, classwork, and homework! Students will successfully idenPrice $21.75Original Price $29.00Save $7.25
Graphing the Sine Function is an exploration activity to have your students make connections to the unit circle! Students will find the values of sine for angles on the unit circle and then plot those points to draw the sine curve. Choose what information you want to highlight for your class and use the space provided to give notes. This low prep activity is an excellent assignment to use as an introduction to any graphing trig functions unit.
- Find the values of sine for angles on the unit circle
- Take the values of sine and convert them to decimal form
- Plot the coordinates to draw the sine curve from 0 to 2π
This Graphing the Sine Function Worksheet is a downloadable pdf which includes:
- Chart to track sine values and equivalent decimal values
- Graph to plot the sine curve
- Space for notes to highlight key features
- Features all transformations that can occur to the parent function
- includes two versions with parent functions y = Asin(Bx - C) + D and y = asinb(x - h) + k to fit the needs of your teaching method
Do you need a break from all the prep work? Just print this resource and you’re ready to go. Answer keys are provided!
The best part? This lesson can be reused, reviewed, and referred to throughout the graphing unit.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU LOVE SINE AND COSINE GRAPHING ACTIVITIES! See what they said.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lorene said, “My students used this as a notes resource. It was helpful for them to refer back to throughout the unit.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Savannah said, “I used this resource as notes on the first day of graphing trig functions. I was able to take the time to show where each coordinate comes from using the unit circle and table. I really liked that there was a place for both the unit circle value and the decimal form. Very helpful!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Parker HS Math said, “This was a great intro to graphing the sine function. I like how it connects values on the unit circle (which the students are familiar with) to what the graph looks like (new material). This was easy to use, and I felt the lesson went well.”
⭐️ Bundle & save 20% ⭐️
You can earn TpT store credits by leaving feedback on your purchases! Just click on "My Purchases" under "Buy"!
Copyright © Rise and Sine.
This file is to be used by the buyer only. If you intend to collaborate with colleagues please add the appropriate amount of licenses to your order. This file can only be shared with students through secure avenues (Google Classroom, e-mail, password protected sites) and should not be posted on public websites such as a district webpage. Not for use on commercial platforms.