Also included in
- Get ready to integrate science and engineering practices into your lessons with this middle school science graphing bundle! Increase your students’ comfort level with the types of graphing questions they’re likely to face in end-of-year testing. The Middle School Science Graphing Bundle helps studePrice $30.09Original Price $42.99Save $12.90
You're not alone if your students struggle with understanding graphs, charts, and tables. It's a skill that takes an enormous amount of practice. This resource will help students build a strong foundation in analyzing data and creating their own data visualizations.
Included in every lesson:
- Part 1 - Phenomenon: an interesting situation is presented and students brain-storm what areas of science could be studied about it, as well as what kind of data scientists could collect from the scenario.
- Part 2 - Visual Data: students are shown a graph, table, or chart and find the connection between it and the previous phenomenon. Then they identify the critical elements, either on a whiteboard, a hand-out, or as an interactive experience using the data labels provided and their INB's.
- Part 3 - Question and Answer: students generate questions about the visual data and then answer each others’ questions
- Part 4 - New Forms: Students come up with different forms that could be used to display the same data and ideas.
- Part 5 - Student-generated Graph: students are given a new set of data relating to the phenomenon and will create their own graph, chart, or table.
- Answer keys and multiple formats for displaying data on the board or in interactive notebooks are included.
Each topic is broken into five parts that can each be completed throughout the week as a 5-10 minute warm-up before class starts. Or, the lesson could also be used as a 40-45 minute activity where all five parts are completed on the same day.
- Distance to Stars
- Body Systems
- Bohr's Model
- Lunar Cycle 1
- Lunar Cycle 2
- Physical and Chemical Changes in the Digestive System
- Periodic Table 1
- Periodic Table 2
- Sexual vs Asexual Reproduction
- Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram 1
- Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram 2
- Compare Metal, Nonmetals, and Metalloids
- Fossil Record
- Embryological Development
- Chemical Formulas
- Topographic Maps
- Natural Selection
- Evidence of Chemical Reactions
- Plate Tectonics and Crustal Features
- Competition for Resources
- Change in Motion 1
- Change in Motion 2
- Natural Hazards and Catastrophic Events
- Short- and Long- Term Environmental Impact
- Biodiversity and Sustainability
- Newton's Laws
- Atomic Structure
- Kinetic and Potential Energy
- Unbalanced Forces
- Average Speed
- Speed, Velocity, and Acceleration
- Electromagnetic Spectrum
View the preview to see a complete version of #23 - Competition for Resources