This resource can be used to practice the properties of quadratic functions. (Especially great for use before or after the winter break!) The concepts assessed in this resource are: vertices, axis of symmetry, x intercepts, y intercepts, and double roots.
1. Copy a class set of both pages (the equations and the snowflake "branches").
2. Each student will need a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
3. Instruct the students to cut out each snowflake branch.
4. Then the students must match the branch to the corresponding quadratic function.
5. Suggest that students be sure of their match before gluing.
6. When the students are sure of their match, they should glue the branches around the equation to create a snowflake.
An answer key is included for easy grading!
Note: This activity is included in my Quadratic Unit – Bundle of Resources
. Check it out if you are interested in purchasing this resource, along with others, at a discounted rate!
For additional quadratic resources, check out:
Color by Factor – Factoring Practice
Discovering Quadratic Functions
Factoring and Solving Quadratics – Sudoku Puzzle
Graphs of Quadratic Functions – Snowflake Cut-Out Activity
Quad Squares – Matching Characteristics of a Quadratic Graph
Quadratics Café: A Review of Quadratic Functions
Review of Factoring – Hidden Picture #1
Review of Factoring – Hidden Picture #2
Review of Factoring – Hidden Picture #3
Review of Quadratics – Easter Coloring Activity
Factoring Polynomials (Quad, Cubic, Quartic) – Hidden Picture