Also included in
- Use scavenger hunts throughout the year to promote active learning during science class! Most of the topics for third grade science are covered. If I make any new scavenger hunts to cover additional topics, I will include them later. Feel free to make suggestions for missing topics under my Q&A$60.00$86.95Save $26.95
This Scavenger Hunt asks students questions about grasslands and animal adaptations. Students search for the correct card, read, locate, and record the correct information. This simple activity to prepare and provide students the opportunity to review vocabulary and apply it to the context of the real world.
Directions for Grasslands Adaptations Scavenger Hunt
1. Print the sentence cards on card stock or brightly-colored paper and cut them apart along the dotted lines.
2. Make copies of the Grasslands Scavenger Hunt questions worksheet (2-sided). Each student needs a copy.
3. Place the Grasslands Scavenger Hunt cards around your classroom where students will be able to find them. You can put them on chairs, on the computer keyboard, on the back of your classroom door, on the sides of student desks, on the chalkboard, or wherever you like.
4. Students have to search the room and find all of the sentence cards to answer the questions. You can differentiate by having students work alone or with a classmate.
With the Scavenger Hunt game I have the students complete it as part of a rotation during reading groups. I only have 4 or 5 students walking around with clipboards to locate the sentence cards and write their answers. Students needing extra support can be paired with a partner for this activity. I have also done similar activities with the whole class or as a filler for early finishers, especially if you made the cards a little bit tricky to find. My students enjoy this activity.
A Compare Contrast Matrix is also included.
**** I have added a small cover page to help you identify your cards sets when storing them.
Find more Scavenger Hunts here.
When you buy 5 scavenger hunts you may choose one of the following for FREE! Just leave your username and an email address under the "Ask a Question" tab.