Gratitud by Fonseca: Spanish Song to Practice Listening Comprehension and Vocabulary
IDEAL FOR THANKSGIVING!
• Full song lyrics: “Gratitud”
• Cloze activity: Basic vocabulary such as amigos, amor, cantar, corazón, montaña, primavera, verano, otoño, invierno.
• Vocabulary Worksheet: Students write the correct vocabulary word for each image.
• Song Comprehension Worksheet: Students select from a list of reasons to be grateful those that are mentioned in the song.
• QUERER + Infinitive and Writing Activity: This sheet explains the construction QUERER + INFINITIVE that is used in one part of the song. Then students use the phrase QUIERO DAR GRACIAS POR… to write a reason they are thankful. Students can then display the written answer in the classroom. The sheet also includes the 3 expressions used in the song to give thanks: gratitud, agradecer and gracias.
• The Seasons Worksheet: Students identify the four seasons. They can also describe the images pointing at the characteristics of each season in Spanish.