Gratitude Unit: PowerPoint, Handouts, Writing Prompts (can be used as task cards), Interactive Journal, & Project. (Gratitude & Pay It Forward)
Perfect for Thanksgiving to Christmas!
1) PowerPoint: Benefits of Gratitude
• defines gratitude
• science of gratitude
• explains the benefits of practicing gratitude
• tips for practicing gratitude
2) PowerPoint: Gratitude Journal - Gratitude quotes and 12 Writing prompts to help students (or anyone) develop gratitude.
3) Journal/Writing Prompt options: (Different versions of the same prompts.)
• Print prompts and cut out as task cards.
• Use PowerPoint and/or print prompts and students can write on paper or in a spiral notebook.
• Digital Journal: Students can type responses into Microsoft Word document (Plain version and Full Color Version available)
• Googledocs Journal: Students can type their responses into a google doc.
4) Notes, handouts
5) Project Ideas students can choose from
6) Culminating Options – Gratitude or Pay it Forward Project. Choose between a number of options to conclude the project ranging from an informal class discussion to formal presentation options
7) Project Rubric
I took one full class to go through the Benefits of Gratitude with the notes. We are doing 2-3 prompts per week as a warm-up for a month. Then we are going to do the project. You could do the project simultaneously with the journal prompts or instead of the journal prompts. I am going to let them choose which project they want to do and which culminating option. I am not going to force them to do one that requires more time/effort. Since forcing someone to be grateful doesn’t work, I am going to leave it completely up to them. They will get participation grades for the journal, and I will use the rubric for their project grade. Those who go above and beyond will earn extra credit so that I don’t have to be punitive towards those who don’t.
Almost NO Prep. Choose what you want to do and either print or upload to googledocs.
Everything is Editable!