Also included in
- Looking for a great resource for teaching all the important topics in gravitation and planetary motion? This comprehensive physics bundle contains everything you need for your students to understand Newton’s law of universal gravitation, satellite motion and Kepler’s laws of planetary motion. This m$12.50$20.00Save $7.50
What are Kepler’s laws and how do we use them to characterize the motion of the planets? What is an ellipse and how do we calculate its eccentricity? How can we calculate the masses of the planets? Using this product your students will be able to answer these questions and many others. This ready to go resource has everything you need: notes, equation sheet, presentations and a variety of exercises your students can use to master Kepler’s law.
At the top of each worksheet there is a link to videos from my Step by Step Science YouTube Channel. If your students need help understanding the concepts or completing the exercises, they can simply click on the link and watch the YouTube video where everything is explained in detail. An outstanding resource for students who are not able to attend class.
The following are included in this product:
(1) Two pages of teacher/student notes explaining Kepler’s three laws of planetary motion.
(2) A set of exercises for calculating Kepler’s constant for the solar system, the orbital period of the planets, as well as their semi-major axes.
(3) A similar set of exercises for Saturn and its moon. Also included is a problem for calculating the mass of Jupiter.
(4) A set of exercises using Kepler’s third law to calculate the orbital characteristics of Halley’s comet, the dwarf planet Makemake and the Earth and Moon.
(5) Solutions for all of the exercises.
(6) An equation sheet.
Two presentations. One gives an explanation of Kepler’s three laws of planetary motion and another has example problems of calculations involving Kepler’s third law.
All documents are included as PDF files and editable Pages, Word, Keynote or PowerPoint files.
This is the third in the series of three products about Gravitation. The two other products in the series are:
Check out all my money saving bundles: