Also included in
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 7th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 7th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 7th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$116.24$145.30Save $29.06
- This bundle for Earth and Space Science for middle school Utah SEEd covers all the standards for Middle School Earth’s Place in the Universe. Students will develop models of the Earth-Sun-Moon system, explain gravity in galaxies, and determine the scale and properties of objects in the solar system.$23.40$26.00Save $2.60
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 6th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 6th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 6th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$108.09$120.10Save $12.01
Students will make a model to describe the role of gravity in the motions within galaxies and in the solar system.
Students will love these activities on gravity in the solar system. Students will make a model to describe the role of gravity in the motions within galaxies and in the solar system. Students will love learning about gravity and inertia in our solar system.
This Unit Includes:
- three pages of reading passages
- comprehension questions
- lab and lab directions
- lab write-ups
- lesson plans
- response sheets
- Interactive notebook flaps
- QR code research
- answer keys
This resource is aligned with the Utah SEEd standard 6.1.2
Develop and use a model to describe the role of gravity and inertia in orbital motions of objects in our solar system. This is part of the Structure and Motion within the Solar System.
The nonfiction passages are also aligned with Reading Informational Text Standards for Utah Core.
Students will be able to define both gravity and inertia and they will learn a little about the scientists who came up with these ideas.
Science Concepts Taught in this Unit:
Gravity in space
Objects in motion stay in motion unless a force acts upon them
Objects at rest stay at rest unless a force acts upon them
Objects with large masses in space bend the fabric of space- we experience this as gravity
The greater the mass of an object, the greater the gravitational pull
The greater the distance between objects the less the gravitational pull
Size and distance in the universe
Research on Planets and other Celestial Bodies in Solar System
Milky Way Galaxy
Science and Engineering Practices Used By Students
- Asking questions or defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for Utah SEEd!