Also included in
- This bundle covers all the standards for Forces and Their Interactions DCI for Middle School Science. Each resource has slide shows, interactive notebook inserts, reading passages, reading responses, hands-on labs, and more.This bundle includes:1, Gravity and Mass Unit for Middle School: Students wi$26.40$32.00Save $5.60
Students will learn that gravity is a force that attracts and it is influenced by mass and distance.
Parts of this Can be used as a Distance Learning Packet. Gravity and Mass Unit for Middle School: Students will learn that gravity is a force that attracts and it is influenced by mass and distance of interacting objects. Students will construct arguments based on evidence to support the claim that gravitational interactions are attractive and depend on the masses of interacting objects in the MS NGSS and Utah SEEd 7th Grade resource.
This resource aligns with NGSS Middle School Standard
Construct and present arguments using evidence to support the claim that gravitational interactions are attractive and depend on the masses of interacting objects.
And also Utah SEEd
Engaging in argument from evidence to support the claim that gravitational interactions within a are attractive and dependent upon the masses of interacting objects.
The unit begins with a slide show on Gravity. Students take notes in a strategic note taking guide. This unit goes on to have graphing activities, an article to read, QR code research, and making arguments from evidence gathered. This unit includes word wall words to enhance instruction.
This resource includes interactive notebook inserts, informational text passages, response pages, and more.
Students will use the following Science and Engineering Practices in this resource:
- Asking Questions and Defining Problems.
- Developing and Using Models.
- Planning and Carrying Out Investigations.
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data.
- Using Mathematics and Computational Thinking.
- Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions.
- Engaging in Argument from Evidence.
- Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information.
This resource also comes with an assessment in the form of a multiple-choice quiz. Answer keys are included in this resource!
Science concepts include:
Gravity and Mass
Gravity and Distance
Gravity in the solar system
Gravity is a force of attraction
Want to know more about teaching about Gravity and Mass?
Created by Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please view some of my other resources for middle school science.