• Discuss the MOOD of the Great Depression.
• Activity: People draw different meanings from any given piece of artwork. In this activity students will have to draw a common “feeling” from various pieces of artwork.
• “A Picture Speaks a 1000 Words” activity.
• You will need to have anywhere between 10-20 pieces of printed art for students to analyze. I try use ancient pieces of artwork all the way to modern pieces. For example, Whistlers Mother to Ancient Egyptian pieces of work.
• Have students draw a similar feeling to the photograph the “Migrant Mother”
o Have students report back the pieces of art their chose and explain their connection they made.