The Great Depression Primary Documents, Herbert Hoover, Dust Bowl, Wall St. Crash of 1929, Dorothea Lange, Great Depression Bank Failures, Banking Failures, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Inaugural Address, 1933 Inaugural Address, President's News Conference.
This is a PRIMARY SOURCE bundle for the Great Depression! There are 5 primary sources that students investigate having to do with the Great Depression. This is a GREAT supplement to any unit on the Great Depression. Students get to interact with real documents, political cartoons, photographs, and speeches given from key figures in the Great Depression!
The primary sources are meant to be supplemental to what you are already doing. Most are excerpts of the speeches, not the full speeches. These work GREAT for Middle School students, and lead to great discussions! These primary sources could be used as warmups, bellringers, quizzes, supplemental activities, homework, exit tickets, enrichment and extension activities, and much more!
Primary Sources Included in this bundle include:
- President's News Conference by Herbert Hoover
- A wise economist asks a question by John McCutcheon
- Inaugural Address by Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Letter from a Dust Bowl Survivor by Grace
- Poor Mother and Children in Oklahoma by Dorothea Lange
This product is part of the US HISTORY DBQ 75 primary source bundle! SAVE money buy getting the bundle discount! Only $19.99!
This product is a part of the Great Depression & The New Deal Unit. Products in this unit include:
1. Great Depression & The New Deal 20 DBQ Bellringer Warm Ups
2. Great Depression & The New Deal Comic Strip Project
3. 5 HIGHLY VISUAL DBQ Primary Sources for the Great Depression - Great Supplemental Resource!
I hope that you enjoy this product! Please use Q & A if you have any other questions, and look for many other awesome products, games, and simulations on Playing With History!