Great Explorers during the Age of Exploration
Activity: The Great Explorers Play
Buy the BUNDLE and SAVE!
•• This product is also included in the Age of Exploration UNIT BUNDLE!
Included in this product:
• Title page
• Classroom Bill: Great Explorers
• Great Explorers Play Cast of Characters
• Character lines
• Applying what I learned/Closing/Summary/Higher Order Thinking Writing assignment
Students will become great explorers! After acting out/reading the play in class, students will be responsible for a task assignment. Using the information from the unit and from the play, they will decide who is the most important explorer from the cast by writing a paragraph arguing and defending their decision.
Cast of Characters/Explorers include:
• Student at Extra Help
• Viking Explorers: Leif Erickson
• Portuguese Explorers: Bartholomeu Diaz, Vasco de Gama, Pedro Cabral
• Spanish Explorers: Christopher Columbus, Amerigo Vespucci, Vasco Nunez de Balboa, Ponce de Leon, Hernando Cortez, Ferdinand Magellan, Francisco Pizarro
• French Explorers: Giovanni de Verrazano, Jacques Cartier, Samuel de Champlain, Jacques Marquette & Louis Joliet, Robert de la Salle
• English Explorers: Martin Frobisher, Sir Francis Drake, Henry Hudson
I hope that you and the students enjoy the show !! :)
Black Tie Papers by Liz O
Clip Art by Kerri Webb
Rainbow Tag by Ashley Hughes
© 2014 A Social Studies Life
For personal use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.