Great Gatsby Unit Interactive Notebook is a complete set of plans designed to use with interactive notebooks. You may have never even taught The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald before, but you will teach it like you have been doing it for years with this unit!
Great Gatsby Unit includes:
- Step-by-step and day-by-day lesson plans
- Specific instructions on how to set up the interactive notebook
- Analyzing character component for notebook for Jay Gatsby, Daisy Buchanan, Tom Buchanan, Nick Carraway, and Jordan Baker
- Daily bell work that relates to the day’s lesson
- Think, pair, share activities along with jigsaw collaboration and other group fun
- A summary for every chapter so that you can quickly review it for yourself
- Example pictures of various completed notebook pages
- Pre-reading research and sharing activity - topics include prohibition, organized crime in the 1920s, fashion of the 1920s, and lots more.
- Reading guides with detailed answer keys
- Reading quizzes for Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 – These are true/false and multiple choice. These all come in 2 versions to deter cheaters.
- Interactive vocabulary activities
- Vocabulary quizzes for Chapters 1-3, 4-6, and 7-9 – These are multiple choice. These all come in 2 versions as well.
- Review Game with 2 options – 64 questions
- Vocabulary Puzzle Competition
- Vocabulary Memory Game
- Character Guessing Mania
- Task Card Group Activity
- Final test in 2 versions – 25 multiple-choice, 15 true/false, and 2 short essay questions – answer keys included
- Final Poetry Project
- Rubric for Grading Final Notebook
Just get some paper, glue sticks, scissors, and colored pencils/crayons/markers and enjoy a stress-free 4 weeks of The Great Gatsby!
If you would like an ENTIRE semester of American literature lessons and activities at your fingertips including this Gatsby novel unit, visit American Literature Full Semester
for more stress-free planning!