Make your Great Gatsby unit the favorite of the year with this MASSIVE bundle of beautifully designed materials that will take your class through FOUR FULL WEEKS OF COMPLETE LESSONS covering F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel. Everything you’ll need is here; just add a class set of The Great Gatsby novels and you’re good to go.
This HUGE bundle includes:
• A day-by-day calendar to follow with helpful details and nightly homework assignments (read this file first when you open the bundle) (3-page PDF)
• An introductory lecture covering The Moderns, focusing on the philosophies and authors of the early 1900s, including F. Scott Fitzgerald and his fellow ex-patriots (45 slides)
• Short-answer quiz and key to use with the A&E Biography of F. Scott Fitzgerald (1-page PDF with video ISBN info/links; 2-page PDF)
• Opening lecture covering The Great Gatsby’s main characters, setting, Jazz Age, and themes (including the American Dream and Old Money vs. New Money) (29 slides)
• One-Question Quizzers for The Great Gatsby to hold students accountable for nightly reading assignments. A quick and easy way for you to tell who is – and isn’t – completing nightly reading. Key included. (4-page PDF)
• Beautifully designed study guide/homework/group discussion questions for all nine chapters of The Great Gatsby with detailed answer key. (18-page PDF)
• Close reading worksheets featuring slices of text from ch. 1, ch. 3, ch. 5, and ch. 7; these lessons come with detailed examples for all four worksheets to serve as models of proper annotation. (8-page PDF)
• Cross-curricular activity using math skills as students calculate the actual monthly budget of the Fitzgeralds’ lavish lifestyle; lesson comes with key and discussion starters. (3-page PDF)
• Short-answer quiz with key covering ch. 4 of The Great Gatsby (2-page PDF)
• Color symbolism activity to use with ch. 8 of The Great Gatsby (1-slide Powerpoint)
• El Greco art lesson to use with ch. 9 of The Great Gatsby (3-slide Powerpoint)
• Quotation Race review activity (4-page PDF)
• Hands-on review activity as students plot the order of events of The Great Gatsby and create flashcards (5-page PDF)
• 70-question end-of-unit exam (multiple choice, true/false, and quote identification) with answer key (6-page PDF)
• In-class essay prompt sheet featuring four options that will all require mastery of text and depth of thought in students’ analysis (1-page PDF)
A total of 55 printable pages and 78 slides of rich content! Tons of material to keep your students entertained and enriched.
Note: About half of these items (the Moderns lecture, the one-question quizzers, the study guide/homework/group discussion questions, the close readings, the Fitzgerald lifestyle lesson, the El Greco art lesson, and one of the review games) are sold separately at my store. No need to purchase these items separately if you grab this budget-priced bundle. The other items are not sold separately and can be purchased only as part of this bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!