Click Sample Linking Memory Video
to see Linking memory in action!
What is Linking Memory (LM)?
LM program is designed based on the unique photographic memory linking system using fun and whimsical stories.
It utilizes the right brain’s ability to record, store and recall images by linking each image with another by stories. These stories are silly and nonsensical.
How to prepare the LM materials.
Complete set of LM comprise of:
- 1 to 100 big cards (A5). 1 image/card
- 1 to 100 small cards (A4). 1 sheet of A4 comprises of 50 small image cards. Cut out the small cards for arrange on blank template.
- 1 set of 1- 100 storylines. Print on 2 sheets of A4 paper. 1 sheet of A4 contains 50 storylines (first 1-50 images) (2nd sheet of A4 contains the next 51 to 100 storyline for subsequence 51 to 100 images)
- 2 sheets numbered blank template for child to arrange small image cards. Print of 2 sheets of A4 paper.
1. For beginner, start with 3 cards to 5 cards. Gradually increase the number of cards based on the child’s progress.
Let’s take the first 5 cards as example. Refer to LM file purchased.
No. of card Image/Keyword Storyline
1st image card Kangaroo A Kangaroo
2nd image card School Hiding in a School
3rd image card Orange Which like to eat Orange
4th image card Flower But it was belongs to Flower
5th image card Black coffee Watered with Black coffee
2. Flash the first 5 image cards and read out the storyline that links to the respective cards loudly. The story is silly, and it doesn’t make sense!
3. After reading the storyline, flash the cards again in the same order and read out the keywords only (skip the storyline this round)
5. Next, ask the child to arrange the cards based on the sequence that they were presented on the template provided.
PS: The video is for your reference only.