Here are some trips and tricks for parents to read over and try at home. Reference to two reading sites for parents to access and use as tools at home with their children. An easy, one-page letter to send home during Open House, Parent Teacher Conferences, or any time during the year!
Here is a portion of the letter for you to preview:
How can you help your child be the best reader they can be?
Here are some tips and tricks for you to try at home!
1. Read with your child as often as possible. Even 10 minutes together each night will help your child become more fluent.
2. Allow your child to read any book they are interested in! There are so many books out there, from Star Wars to Charlotte’s Web! Ask your child what they like to read about and provide some various books for them to choose from. Don’t forget to check out your local library together!
3. Discuss the book with your child. You will always have something to discuss with your child if you ask them what they are reading about!
Ask questions such as:
• What is your favorite part of the book you are reading?
• If you were a character in this book, which one would you be?
• What do you think is going to happen next?
• How does this story make you feel?
Download for the full letter!