I invented the "Pizza-Eating Alligator" to teach children to understand the greater than/less than symbols. This song is aligned to the following Common Core State Standards:
Identify whether the number of objects in one group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group, e.g., by using matching and counting strategies.
Compare two two-digit numbers based on meanings of the tens and ones digits, recording the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, and <.
Compare two three-digit numbers based on meanings of the hundreds, tens, and ones digits, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
(Note that the song only uses 1-digit numbers, but you could use the tune for any numbers.)
Along with the video that streams from TpT, you'll get:
1. An illustrated lyrics page--Great for poetry or math notebooks.
2. A private link to the video on Vimeo--ONLY accessible to people who purchase the product on TpT. From Vimeo, you can stream, download, and embed the video--for classroom use only, please!
Encourage children to:
1. Watch and learn about the greater than-less than signs.
2. Read from the lyrics sheet as they sing.
3. Act out the song. You can make giant symbols by opening and closing your arms or make tiny symbols by opening and closing your hands.
***Note that this is one of 31 songs on my Kindergarten Math Videos and Songs BUNDLE, available at a great discount ... Click here!
***This song is also featured on my 38-video Common Core 1st Grade Math Growing BUNDLE: Click HERE!
The song version of this video is available on 4 different albums because it's such an important concept:
"Early Math With Miss Jenny"
"Common Core KinderMath With Miss Jenny"
"Common Core First Grade Math With Miss Jenny"
"We Love Math With Miss Jenny"
***Please follow me at "EduTunes With Miss Jenny"
***The Pizza-Eating Alligator is trademarked by Jennifer Kramer.
Edutunes is also a registered trademark of Jennifer Kramer.
These names may not be used in products without permission of the owner.