I have created many group challenges for our class study of Greece. During a simulation I separate groups into poleis, or city-states and have competitions for points. The 5 Themes of Geography Challenge includes a creative task: representing the 5 Themes of geography for Greece in a visual way. There is a rubric and suggestions for various ways to get started on making this informative, creative, and visually appealing.
The 5 Themes of Geography, as a reminder, are:
Location - The position on Earth of Greece.
Place - How is it naturally defined?
Human-Environment Interaction - How people live, work, use the land, food, use resources
Movement - Why would people come here, how? What’s attractive about the area?
Region - What cultural and regional qualities does Greece display?
Try my TOP 7 Middle School Resources in my HaugerHistory Store:
7. 10 Week Computer Science Technology Course for Middle School Jr. High
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Champion
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged