Have all your information at your fingertips with this fabulous and fun lap-book! This is a great project for the homeschooler or as individual student projects in a classroom! It's shareable! It's easy! And best of all, it's fun!
This Greece lap-book comes with 8 activities for you to do! You start off by decorating your folder with the cover art. Then you research Greek Gods and Goddesses to complete the 12 Olympians project. Next, learn about the people of Greece and dress your paper dolls. Dress them in modern clothes or ancient garb. It's up to you! Don't forget to check out some traditional food on the menu as your kids look up and discover different Greek food. Don't forget any of the important facts you learn along your exploration of Greece. There is a place for all the facts in a mini book. And in case you get lost on your journey, you should have a map... or 3. Color in and label maps of the world, the continent and the country!. Want to be an ancient Greek artist? We have that in here too! To top it all off, pretend you live in Greece and describe your world through your eyes. This is a great culminating activity. Now that your book is done, share it with family, friends and your class. All of this with simple, easy to do instructions.
Best things about this lap-book:
1. Use any resources that you want to to find the information! Look online; read some books; watch some videos... it's limitless. Plus, you don't have to limit yourself on a timeline. This lap-book spans from ancient Greece to present day but if you want to focus more on one era, you can do that too.
2. You can use this lap-book in so many different ways! Use as homework, classwork, group study, class presentations, as a project for parents night or open house and as an awesome way to connect your kids to other cultures!
3. This lap-book also spans the subjects. While it focuses on social studies (cultural studies), you also connect with history, touch on art, and use your language arts skills!
4. Its expandable! Now that you looked up all the Gods and Goddesses, how about a report on one of them? You learned about different Greek dishes, now cook and taste one.
5. You can use this for many different grade levels. Although this unit was designed for my fourth grader, it can be used from 1st to 6th with very little change (if any).
6. Use it on your schedule. You can cram this whole book into one day of lessons or drag it on for several weeks. We worked on our lap-book twice a week for a month but you can adjust it to fit your needs.
7. Use with your special education students! My special ed guy loved this project and is proud of all his hard work! It's interactive and hands-on. It's a great reinforcement to lessons and allows students that otherwise struggle with reading, memorization and writing to shine and take pride.
Thank you for checking out this project! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Keep a look out for more country lap books in the future.