Greece, Rome, and Mali – A Third Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a 3rd grade level PowerPoint instructional presentation.
This lesson focuses on the great empires of Greece, Rome, and Mali. The lesson includes:
• Terminology (civilization, contribution, direct democracy, arch, representative democracy, caravan, architecture, characteristics, columns, architects, and Mansa, Musa).
• Introduction to the contributions from the 3 empires.
• Location of Greece and architecture (Parthenon).
• How Greece utilized its terrain.
• Roman Empire introduction.
• Arches and aqueducts.
• Roman government and contributions.
• How the Roman Empire fell.
• Introduction to Mali and how it was so wealthy.
• Understanding Mali, Mansa Musa’s contributions along with an introduction to griots.
• Characteristics of the 3 lands.
Also included is 1 printable activity that is also available in PDF form for individual work/assignment.
• Students will be able to identify 5 items that will be matched with Greece, 5 with Rome, and 5 with Mali.