This is a myth, Jason and the Argonauts, from Ancient Greece. The cultural myth is printable and Task Cards with reading comprehension close questions, ask students to make connections and think as they read.
These tasks require students to make connections (Text to Self; Text to Text; Text to World)
There are also tasks encouraging Close Reading Skills and higher order thinking.
This is a great resource for your reading center. If students use all 20 cards, it will have sufficient reading and writing activities for approx 4 weeks.
This is part of the story where Jason gathers the Argonauts; the building of the ship; and setting out on the quest.This is a stand alone text, but I also have the final part (the voyage) as another product and a BUNDLE if you want.
Included in this package;
1. There is a famous Greek myth that I have retold, called "Jason and the Argonauts."
2. The tale comes with its own set of 20 task cards, plus black ink master pages. I use these pages to make a small interactive book for the story. The students can complete their tasks, writing and drawing in this little book. You’ll need multiple pages, if you want to make a booklet. These masters can also be pasted into notebooks or simply not used, if you prefer.
3. There are 20 Task Cards, many of which give students at least two choices of tasks.
4. I’ve included Text to Self, Text to Text and Text to World for every story.
5. I’ve then included some thinking questions and Close Reading tasks to make students delve more deeply into the story and understand their ideas and interpretations.
6. I have included a black ink version of the tale, for you to copy.
7. There's a tracking sheet, so students and teacher can record work as it is completed.
Buy this individually or it is part of a BUNDLE, if you want the first story of Phrixos and Helle, and the next episodes of Jason and the Argonauts journey and quests.
Growing BUNDLE Greek Myths Golden Fleece and Jason and the Argonauts
I have other myths and legends.
Reading Myths and Legends BUNDLE 2
All tales are available as individual units too.
"Tiddalik" (Australian Aboriginal Legend Story and Task Card Set
"The Stories" (Zulu Legend) Story and Task Cards Set
"The Moon" (An English Tale) Story and Task Cards Set
"Grandmother Spider" (A Cherokee Legend) Story and Task Cards Set
"Stone Soup" (A Portuguese Fable) Story and Task Cards Set
OR SAVE with the BUNDLE
All 6 Reading Legend Stories and Task Card BUNDLE