This is a 212 page Greek Mythology bundle with passages and questions is a great way to learn about Greek Myths. Great for reading comprehension, it includes Close Reading Passages and questions. King Midas and the Golden Touch,Pandora's Box,Persephone and Demeter,The Story of Arachne, and Athena and Poseidon are included!
contains Text Dependent Questions, Writing Prompts, Character Analysis, Vocabulary Matching Worksheets and more!
Great for Centers, Homework, Sub Plans, and more!
This bundle combines 5 products into 1 for a great value!.
• King Midas and the Golden Touch
• Pandora's Box
• Persephone and Demeter
• The Story of Arachne
• Athena and Poseidon
Each myth is Common Core aligned and created to facilitate “Depth of Knowledge” (DOK) for your students. Each myth is originally written and is aligned to be used as a CLOSE Reading activity (not familiar with CLOSE reading? It’s okay, we have instructions and anchor charts to help you incorporate it into your teaching).
You can use each unit in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the components to meet the needs of your students.
Each unit contains the following elements:
• A Reading Passage (originally written for upper elementary and middle school students; it is written with wide margins to facilitate annotation for CLOSE reading)
• Allusion Poster
• Character Analysis Activity
• CLOSE Reading Anchor Chart (poster to hang to show the symbols used to annotate in close reading)
• CLOSE Reading PowerPoint (Instructions on how to do teach CLOSE Reading if you are unfamiliar)
• CLOSE Reading Annotation Bookmarks
• CLOZE (fill in the blank) worksheet for students work on the skill of context clues, vocabulary development, comprehension attainment, or assessment
• Writing Prompts, including Essential Questions (also can be used for assessment)
• Tree Map Graphic Organizer (a Language Arts/ Grammar component to work on parts of speech)
• Venn Diagram to Compare and Contrast
• Vocabulary Words and Definitions Matching Activity
Each product in this bundle can be purchased separately but purchased together are a great value.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Please click on the links below to view each unit individually
Greek Mythology King Midas and the Golden Touch Close Reading
Greek Mythology Pandora’s Box Close Reading
Greek Mythology Persephone and Demeter Close Reading
Greek Mythology The Story of Arachne Close Reading
Greek Mythology Athena and Poseidon Close Reading
Copyright 2016 The Teacher Team
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺