During the Mythology unit, students learn about the various monsters that exist in the Greek god world. After being introduced to various monsters like the Minotaur, the Sphinx, Medusa, the Chimaera, the Hydra, and the Scylla, students will have the opportunity to create their very own mythological monster. The information on the various monsters can be found online for free and this handout is a great activity for students to show how much they understand mythological monsters while also allowing students to use imagination and creativity.
The handout asks students to come up with a monster, draw it, give details about it, and write a story about it. The product gives students very specific directions and is a fun activity while learning all the various, sometimes complicated, characters of mythology!
Other Greek Mythology Resources:
- The Monster in the Maze Assignment FREEBIE
- Everyone's a Hero Activity
- Greek Mythology Drawing Assignment FREEBIE
- Greek Mythology Family Trees!
- Greek Mythology FREEBIE: An "I Have Who Has" game!
- Greek Mythology- The Flight of Icarus Reading Quiz FREEBIE
- Mythology Projects
- Greek Mythology Flash Cards: A 4-in-1 Product