Greek Mythology Family Tree
Create a visual family tree board for your students to refer to while reading The Lightning Thief.
Included in this product:
1. How to Assemble your Family Tree. A 60 slide step-by-step tutorial packed with pictures to show you exactly how to put your family tree together.
2. Pictures and color coded backgrounds for gods, goddess, monsters, creatures, mortals and half bloods. (103 slides)
3. Placeholders (24 slides)
4. labels to put on the back of your picture cards that match the placeholders.
5. chapter-by-chapter guide with vocabulary, characters and greek myth background knowledge needed,
6. Greek Mythology Introduction powerpoint (33 slides). This can be used before you start reading The Lightning Thief.
All files are in Powerpoint and PDF.
Each year I read The Lightning Thief with my students. They fall in love with Greek Mythology and were always confusing the gods and goddess and who their parents were. I wanted a visual that could stay up for the duration of the novel, something we could refer to each time we read. So I decided to make this interactive family tree. I call it interactive because I add Greek Mythology “characters” and characters from the Lightning Thief as we read the book. Pictures A-Z are introduced in the introduction to Greek Mythology slide show (I have included that in this product). The rest of the “characters” are introduced chapter by chapter. I have even included some from the second book Sea of Monsters (you could leave them out if you like).
Some pictures on the display were not available for commercial use.
I have substituted them with images that were allowed for commercial use.
I also provided several for you to choose from!