With this activity, students will create a family tree for the Greek gods/goddesses in groups. This is a great activity to present students after you have introduced the major Greek gods/goddesses. There are a lot of free documents online that go over each god/goddess and discuss the relationship with the other gods/goddesses. Using that information and this handout, students can create an accurate family tree of the Greek gods. Not only does it allow students to be creative, it makes students look back for text evidence to prove the relationship between the gods/goddesses. It is also a great resource for students to refer back to as they dive deeper into mythology and start reading about the gods/goddesses they have created a family tree for. I have also included a cheat sheet for students who struggle with this assignment or teachers who want a quick way to grade the family trees on accuracy.
Other Greek Mythology Resources:
- The Monster in the Maze Assignment FREEBIE
- Everyone's a Hero Activity
- Greek Mythology Drawing Assignment FREEBIE
- Greek Mythology FREEBIE: An "I Have Who Has" game!
- Greek Mythology- Creating a Mythological Monster
- Greek Mythology- The Flight of Icarus Reading Quiz FREEBIE
- Greek Mythology Flash Cards: A 4-in-1 Product