Greek Mythology unit has integrated the literacy skill of inferring character traits with Greek mythology stories. The students use the strategy FAST to infer the feelings, actions, speech, and thoughts of character to infer the traits.
Note: If you have purchased either of our other Greek Bundles, DO NOT
purchase this unit. The Story Element Bundle and the Mega Bundle include this character traits unit.
★Mythology MEGA Bundle★
★Greek Mythology Story Elements Bundle★
Purpose of Unit:
This unit was built to teach inferring character traits by having each lesson grow in complexity and rigor. It starts out defining what character traits are and ends with the students using writing to "show and not tell" the character traits. The tasks reveal whether the students really have an understanding of inferring character traits with the final task including art integration. The unit is built around the learning goal: - “I Can Define and Infer Character Traits”
4 very detailed lesson plans include:
• Enduring Understandings
• Essential Questions
• Skills/Learning Goals
• Formative Assessments
• Motivational Hooks/Anticipatory Set with engaging YouTube links.
• Learning Goal Scale Posters (recommended by Marazano)
• Learning Goal Scale Student Tracking Sheet
Character trait printouts include:
- 4 Mythology Passages
- Pandora' Box
- Midas Touch
- Medusa and Perseus
- Annotations and Rubric for Close Reading
- Anchor Chart and Graphic Organizers
- FAST acronym printable for inferring character traits
- Venn Diagram
- Creative tasks (Help Wanted and Trading Cards)
- Completed samples of each task
4th Grade ELA - RL 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
5th Grade ELA - RL 5.1, 5.3
We hope you enjoy this unit! Thanks!