Greek Mythology Story Elements Bundle
integrates Greek Mythology with story elements that are used to analyze a fictional story. Students will:
- Infer character traits
- Analyze plot development
- Identify literary theme
We have put 2 of our Greek Mythology units together for a savings to the buyer, but they can also be sold separately:
★ Inferring Character Traits Unit ★
★ Plot Development & Theme Unit ★
Note: For $4.00 you can purchase the Mega Bundle which includes this unit and you get an Allusion Mythology Unit, 4 more stories, and classroom allusion posters from our store.
★Mythology MEGA Bundle★
In this Story Elements Bundle the 11 very detailed lesson plans include:
- 4 Inferring character trait lessons
- 4 plot development lessons
- 3 Determining literary theme lessons
- 3 Learning Goals:
- I can identify, describe, and sequence the elements of plot.
- I can identify theme by analyzing plot and characters.
- I can define and infer character traits.
- Enduring Understandings
- Essential Questions
- Skills/Learning Goals
- Formative Assessments
- Motivational Hooks/Anticipatory Set with engaging YouTube links.
- Posters for Learning Goal Scales (Marzano)
- Student Tracking Sheet of Learning Goals
8 Mythology Passages:
- Achilles' Heel
- The Trojan Horse
- Psyche and Eros
- Arachne the Spinner
- Medusa and Perseus
- Midas Touch
- Pandora’s Box
- Annotation and Rubric for analyzing plot and text.
• Anchor Charts and Graphic Organizers
• Acronym printouts to help with determining theme
• FAST acronym printable for inferring character traits
• Pre/Post concept check on vocabulary
• Tickets out the door (exit slips)
• Story Plotline anchor charts and student copy illustrated on Mount
• Greek Themed Venn Diagram
• Tasks and rubrics that include art integration
• Prewriting template with cute vase to publish writing
• Completed samples of each task
4th Grade ELA - RL 4.1, 4.2, 4.3
5th Grade ELA - RL 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
We hope you enjoy this unit! Thanks!