In this packet are 7 Mythology poems that cover 18 poetry terms and 6 forms. Below are the poems, terms, and forms used.
1. Hymn To Bacchus by Robert Herrick--rhyme scheme, personification, allusion, lyric
2. Landscape With The Fall of Icarus by William Carlos Williams--symbolism, theme, irony, alliteration, imagery, free verse, narrative
3. Medusa by Louise Bogan--simile, irony, foreshadowing, allusion, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia
4. Why Was Cupid a Boy? by William Blake--diction, meter, irony, allusion, metaphor, repetition
5. The Story Of Narcissus and Echo by Uma Maheswari Anandane--narrative, repetition, hyperbole, rhythm
6. Excerpt from The Odyssey Book XII THE SIRENS—SCYLLA AND CHARYBDIS—THE CATTLE OF THE SUN by Homer--epic, idiom
7. The Love of a Mother by LaShanda Moss-Hill--concrete, aphorism
This packet will be perfect to use with any novel, myth, or unit over Greek Mythology. Also included is an explanation of each poem along with the myth that is alluded in each.