Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students research mythology and a god/goddess in order to create a "Wanted" Poster. Information for the research project includes:
•The name of the god /goddess
• The Roman name and the Latin name of your god/goddess (listed as “aliases”)
•A picture of the god/goddess (choose something appropriate for a poster)
•A brief description of where the god/goddess is from and where the god/goddess can usually be found (in other words, where does the god spend his/her time in the myths?)
• He or she is the god or goddess of…...?
• This god is famous for…..?
• List relatives? (parents, siblings, what god or gods did he or she marry, love, or desire…?)
• Does this god/goddess have a weapon, symbol, or attribute?
• What other identifying characteristics or interesting facts have you discovered about your god/goddess?
•What special talents, skills, or traits does this deity have (if any)?
•What animals, plants, and objects are associated with him/her (if any)?
•What areas of weakness cause trouble for this deity (if any)?
•Are there any humans for whom this deity is a patron? Why?
***This is a great way to begin an introduction to Greek mythology. I've used it for my students before beginning Homer's Odyssey (9th grade) and the novel, "The Adventures of Ulysses" (7th grade) with success. They also look great hung in the classroom! :)