After reading "The Monster in the Maze" while studying Greek Mythology, students will enjoy this assignment handout. The first part asks students to navigate their way out of the maze to escape as Theseus did after defeating the Minotaur. While simple, students will learn to connect ideas and thoughts from the activity to the text they just read. They will see how difficult it must have been for Theseus to find the monster and how difficult it would have been if Ariadne hadn't been there to help.
The second part of the assignment asks students to draw a scene from the text. They then write a sentence where they explain what is happening. I believe students will thoroughly enjoy this assignment and it is a fun incentive assignment to offer students who pay attention and participate during reading and discussion of the text.
**Your ratings are what help motivate me to keep making freebies. If you download this product, PLEASE RATE IT!**
Other Greek Mythology Resources:
- Greek Mythology FREEBIE: An "I Have Who Has" game!
- Everyone's a Hero Activity
- Greek Mythology Drawing Assignment FREEBIE
- Greek Mythology Family Trees!
- Greek Mythology- Creating a Mythological Monster
- Greek Mythology- The Flight of Icarus Reading Quiz FREEBIE
- Mythology Projects
- Greek Mythology Flash Cards: A 4-in-1 Product