Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.02 MB | approx 25-30 pages
This interesting and highly-stimulating lesson enables students to gain a clear understanding of the key meanings in the Greek Myth ‘Pandora's Box.’ Through engagement with the story, students learn to interpret and infer the key elements of plot in texts, comment upon the writer’s purposes and messages in texts, challenging and building upon their ideas, and apply the key messages to other contexts.
The lesson follows a clear, logical, bite-size learning journey, which guides students towards differentiated learning objectives. Over the course of this journey, they become able to:
- Understand the phrase 'opening Pandora's Box' and apply it to modern contexts;
- Read the story 'Pandora's Box' and interpret the key meanings;
- Summarise the key events of the story through a storyboard;
- Identify, explain, and analyse the writer's key messages in 'Pandora's Box;'
- Engage deeply with the text by challenging and building upon the ideas/messages raised by the writer;'
- Test their understanding of the story by creating their own recreations;
- Peer assess each other's learning attempts.
This resource pack includes:
- A visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- Paper copies and online links to a copy of Pandora's Box;
- Pandora's Box Storyboard;
- The Writer's Message Worksheet;
- A detailed lesson plan, complete with what the teacher and students should aim to achieve at each stage of the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the PowerPoint.