(It perfectly fits for a CLIL unit.)
This Greek Unit Plan is about animals. Students will investigate the different kind of animals
(mammals, reptiles, fish, insects etc.), their abilities and morphological characteristics.
It will help students with:
• Describing: Being able to identify, define and classify the different kind of animals.
• Explaining: Considering their characteristics, give examples of different kind of
animals and elaborate on them.
• Evaluating: Establish dialogues with peers and teachers.
• Drawing conclusions: Excursion to the zoo accompanied by a Greek-speaking guide.
Come in contact with authentic language use and link it with the acquired knowledge in
• Name and describe animals.
• Classify animals in categories.
• Learn about their abilities.
• Establish dialogues with peers and teacher using the vocabulary learned and right
• Use the vocabulary learned to describe pictures of animals.
• Understand the morphological characteristics of the different kinds of animals.
• Read story in Greek about the animal kingdom.