Understanding the meaning behind common Greek and Latin root words is an essential skill for upper elementary students. Students use root words all the time when using context clues and acquiring new vocabulary. Display these word wall cards in your classroom as a quick and easy reminder for your students to remember the meaning behind 40 common roots.
As an added bonus, each word wall card has been formatted so it can also be used as a teaching tool. Students can engage in an interactive sort to help them remember the meaning of these common root words.
- 40 Word Wall Cards
- Each card can be printed in two different styles
- Each style can be printed in black and white or in color
- Each style can be printed so it also becomes an interactive sorting activity
Printing Option #1:
- These word wall cards can be printed 5 to a page
- Each word wall card has the root, a picture, and the definition
- These word wall cards an also be cut apart for an interactive sort that works great in a vocabulary center
Printing Option #2:
- These word wall cards can be printed 3 to a page
- Each word wall card has the root, a picture, the definition, and a list of words that include that root
- These word wall cards can also be cut apart for an interactive sort that works great in a vocabulary center
*See the preview for pictures and more details about the product
- Click here to check out my blog!
- Click here to sign up to receive my newsletter. Get teaching ideas, product updates, and freebies, delivered right to your inbox.
- Click here to follow my store to be notified when new products are added.
- Click here to follow me on Instagram.
- Click here to follow me on Pinterest.