Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Root Words, Prefixes, and Suffixes - Greek and Latin Roots Vocabulary Interactive Notebook and Vocabulary Activities
This Interactive Vocabulary Notebook is full of dynamic activities for teaching Greek and Latin roots, prefixes, and suffixes. Please see the preview file for a list of the specific roots, prefixes, and suffixes included!
These interactive notebook activities can be used along with ANY vocabulary program - teach them in whatever order you like. Or, I've included a suggested pacing guide broken down by weeks for 36 weeks of instruction.
Here's a closer look at what's included in this 240-page resource:
1. There are two template options for each root word. You can choose to use the plain tab version that consists of gluing the top of the template to the notebook page and lifting up the template to write underneath it, presumably sample words and possibly definitions. The other version includes five vocabulary words as either tabs or pocket interactive notebook templates so that students can write the definition for each word under the tab or on the back of the piece that goes into the pocket.
2. Each template includes a photo tutorial for Option 2 since Option 1 will work the same for all templates.
3. For each root word, I have included five vocabulary words that use the root. I chose from an array of words that should be familiar (to help students make connections with the root and its meaning) to new words (to challenge students).
4. Each root activity also includes a vocabulary card with the words, definitions, parts of speech, and sample sentences. You might choose to have students glue this on the left side page opposite its foldable. Or, you can have students keep these in the pocket they created in the back of the notebook.
5. The Prefixes section is organized into several categories followed by four miscellaneous groupings of prefixes. Complete vocabulary cards are not included; instead, word lists including five or ten words per prefix (whichever is more appropriate) is included. See table of contents for more organizational information.
6. The Suffixes section is organized into three categories: suffixes that form nouns, suffixes that form adjectives, and suffixes that form verbs and adverbs. Again, word lists are included just as in the Prefix section.
7. As always, an editable version is included in PPT format so that you can customize to your heart’s content by adding your own text and graphics to these existing templates to use in your own classroom.
*****Looking for a digital version? Find the Google Classroom edition in Greek and Latin Roots Quick Notes! *****
Latin Numbers 1-10
Greek Numbers 1-10
not (non- ir- in- im- il-)
opposite/against (dis- anti- de- counter- contra-)
before/after (pre- fore- ante- post-)
with (com- con- co-)
above/below (hyper- super- hyposub-)
misc 1 (tele- ab- dys- neo-)
misc 2 (trans- auto- inter- intra-)
misc 3 (ex- ef- peri-a- an- sym- syn-)
misc 4 (en- ad- ambi-)
Noun Formers (-ance –ence –er –or –
ian –ist –arium –orium –ment –ology
–ologist –ness –phobia –phobe)
Adjective Formers (-able –ible –ish –
ic –ive –ous –ly)
Verb & Adverb Formers (-ate –ify –en
–ize –ward –wise –ly)
Missing something? If there's a root, prefix, or suffix you'd like to see added to this product, please submit that here: http://goo.gl/forms/ngGEgxvJua
Looking for a complete vocabulary curriculum? Find the Vocabulary Mega-Bundle here!
Other resources made to complement the Interactive Vocabulary Notebook: