Also included in
- ELA review games can make learning important concepts you need to teach fun for students to practice! Let them practice with these fun and engaging literacy games that will make the skills something students WANT to do! Works great for literacy centers, small group or early finishers. Rather have AL$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- Use these review games for literacy centers to make learning important concepts like figurative language, vocabulary, text structure, theme, fact & opinion, synonyms and antonyms, author's purpose and more FUN & ENGAGING for students! ►THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES all of my ELA U-Know games and all$48.00$60.00Save $12.00
- If you and your students LOVE U-Know then this bundle is for you!!! Kids loving practicing their reading and math skills when they get to play U-Know!!! Get so many U-know games in this one great, big, SUPER, MEGA bundle. Each set retails at $3.75, so you save a bunch by buying at once!★Please note$79.99$108.75Save $28.76
Greek & Latin Roots can be fun for you to teach and for students to learn to help students better understand text! Let them practice with this engaging game that will make the skill of identifying the meaning of Greek & Latin roots something students WANT to do!
Works great for literacy centers or small group. Students will be begging to practice figurative language with this activity! I’ve had many students ask to play at recess and even lunch!
Get this as part of my ELA U-Know Bundle!
What do you get?
- U-Know Cards (Color): 56 color cards with Greek and Latin roots for students to give the meaning for
- U-Know Cards (Print Friendly): 56 color cards with Greek and Latin roots for students to give the meaning for
- Direction Sheet: Step by step instructions for playing the game
- "Types of Special Cards" sheet: A page explaining how the special cards work. (Draw 2, Skip, Reverse, and Wilds)
- Answer Key: One page with all of the answers for each card listed.
- Accountability Pages: Pages for students to record answers. Available in short answer and longer answer with more space
- Back of Cards Design: Print on the backs of the cards to make the double sided.
- "Cheat Sheet": Sheet listing the the Greek and Latin roots with their definitions
Roots Included: fort, hydr, loc, equ, hosp, aqua/aqu, aud, bio, center/centr, graph/gram, logy/ology, nov/neo, part, phys, vis/vid, therm, vac, form, phob, tract, chron, cent, max, dict, multi, min, phon, scrib/script, meg/mega, uni, mono, bi, tri, semi, urb, photo, sect, ped, aero, bibl/biblio, dem, geo, pos, mor/mort, manu, meter, vit/viv, bene, eco, gen, matri/mater, milli/kilo, patri/pater, agr, zo, struct
What is U-Know?
U-Know is a fun and engaging card game where students practice topics in a repetitive way. I also use U-Know in stations or with early finishers throughout the year to spiral concepts for students. U-Know comes in MANY topics! So, once students learn the game, it will become a self-run station!
U-Know is played with students matching color/number to the card the previous player put down. Once they put their card down, they must read and answer. If correct, play moves on. If incorrect, player draws 2 new cards and play moves on. Students check answers with the included answer key.
➔Didn’t cover a topic? That’s ok. Just take those cards out! Students won’t even notice and the game will still be able to be played.
If you like this game, be sure to check out my whole line of U-KNOW Games!!!
★★★You might also like:★★★
✰ Greek & Latin Roots Game Show...a fun and engaging PowerPoint game!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store. ☺