Greek and Latin Roots Posters and Anchor Charts - SOR
What educators are saying
Also included in
- How would you like to save time and never have to create an anchor chart by hand ever again??? Get a full year's worth of Anchor Charts that are ready to print and use! This ready-to-print bundle includes over 350 anchor charts to help you teach some of the key reading, writing, grammar, and vocabulPrice $52.50Original Price $66.64Save $14.14
- How would you like to save time and never have to create a writing or grammar anchor chart by hand ever again? Get a full year's worth of Writing Anchor Charts that are ready to print and use! This ready-to-print bundle includes over 80+ writing anchor charts to help you teach some of the key writiPrice $22.50Original Price $30.22Save $7.72
- Understanding root words is such an important part of word study. When students can identify and understand the meaning of common root words, they are equipped to build a robust vocabulary. Get four easy-to-use root word resources to help you teach 40 common Greek and Latin Root Words. This bundle iPrice $13.85Original Price $17.35Save $3.50
Greek and Latin Root words are so important to teach in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. With this set of 40 Root Word Anchor Charts, you’ll quickly and easily be able to introduce root words to your students. When students are familiar with common root words they quickly grow and improve their vocabulary. This will have a positive impact on reading and writing.
Each anchor chart includes a simple definition of a root word, a picture clue to help students remember the root word, and examples of words that contain that root. Students can see how root words fit together with other word parts to create new words. These anchor charts are a great tool to help students internalize Greek and Latin Roots.
EACH ANCHOR CHART INCLUDES:
- A student-friendly definition of the root word
- An image or visual cue to help students remember the root word
- A list of words that include that root that are broken down by word part and meaning
All the information included on the anchor charts will help your students to identify, use, study, and understand text root words when they are reading.
HERE’S WHAT YOU GET:
In this resource, you’ll get 40 anchor charts to help you teach your students all about Greek and Latin roots. The posters are formatted in the following ways:
- Half-page anchor charts - perfect for students journals
- Full page anchor charts - works great for whole group lessons
- Digital version - created using Google Slides
- FIll-in version - available for both the half-page and full-page versions and are great if you want your students to take notes during the lesson
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
Your students will love having access to these anchor charts during the year. They won’t feel the pressure to remember the meaning of all the different root words because they know they can look back in their journals anytime they need a reminder.
You’ll love these anchor charts because they have easy-to-read font and are written with clear and concise language. Your students will understand how to identify root words with these anchor charts.
So many upper elementary teachers love these anchor charts because they aren’t cluttered with excess clipart or fonts that are too “cutesy”.
And, you have options. You can choose to print them in half pages for students to glue in their journals… or you can share them with your students in Google Classroom… or you can give students the fill-in version so they can take notes during your lessons. You can pick the version that will work for you and your students.
Prep is quick and easy... Just print the anchor chart option you want to use before your lesson on root words and you’re ready to go.
HOW TO USE THESE CHARTS IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
- Use as a model for your whole group lessons when you introduce root words
- Give students a copy to glue in their journals after your lessons.
- Send home a copy to parents to keep them informed on what you are teaching in your class.
- Include a copy with your lesson plans to show your administrators what you’re teaching.
- Put posters on a ring or in a binder as a reference for small groups or workstations.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This resource is very helpful in teaching Greek and Latin word parts. My EL student stays involved and engaged when we use this!” - Teresa G.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Such a cool way of breaking words down. My kids loved this!” - Nicole M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I used it to add to our ISN (interactive student notebook) and it's an awesome resource for my students to practice their root words, prefixes, and suffixes.” - Wendy C.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I was hoping to find a visual aid to go with our root word study, and I love the broken down examples!” - Rebecca M.
⭐️ BUNDLE & SAVE FOR A DISCOUNT⭐️
Purchase the Greek and Latin Root Word Bundle to get this set of posters plus my popular Root Word of the Week, a Root Word BINGO game, and Root Word Sorting activity. A total of four resources to help you teach root words!
I THINK YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
→ Word of the Week - A Context Clue Activity
→ Prefix & Suffix Sorting Activity
→ Figurative Language Task Cards
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.