Also included in
- This is a Greek and Latin Roots Word Study Activities Packet plus Anchor Charts Bundle. It contains 30 Weeks of Activities and Anchor Charts. **Activities Packet**Each week in the Activities Packet, two roots are introduced with definitions and examples, word lists, weekly practice activities, and uPrice $16.00Original Price $18.50Save $2.50
- This is a Greek and Latin Roots Activities, Anchor Charts and Assessments Bundle. It contains 30 weeks of Activities, Anchor Charts, and Assessments. It includes all of the resources in my Word Study line for 4th Grade.Try it before you buy it! Download a 2-Week Sample.**Activities Packet**Each weekPrice $20.50Original Price $25.50Save $5.00
This Greek and Latin Roots Word Study Activities Packet for 4th Graders is a 30-Week program with reading comprehension passages. Every week two Roots are introduced with definitions and examples in charts, word lists, weekly practice activities and used strategically in short stories.
With this resource, you’ll know which roots to teach each week, and you’ll have a variety of activities to help you do so. This Word Study packet makes it quick to plan your lessons, and helps you teach Greek and Latin roots effectively and consistently.
I have also included a DIGITAL component through EASEL, with directions and all answer boxes added so there's ZERO-PREP for you! Just assign pages to your distant learning students!
*Please see the preview for more details and free samples.
One of the great things about this resource is that all new vocabulary that students are learning is used in context. The weekly activities focus on much more than just adding and deleting roots to base words. Your students will have several opportunities to read and use new words in context.
· Roots Chart
· Fill in the Blanks
· Short Stories
· Comprehension Questions
· Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down
· Counting Syllables
· Match Words to Meanings
· Sentence Writing
Please note that this resource includes PDFs that can be printed for in person learning and an EASEL by TpT digital option that can be assigned remotely for distance learning. I recommend familiarizing yourself with EASEL before purchasing this resource for Distance Learning and making sure that your school district works with this type of resource.
Another highlight of this resource is that there is consistency throughout the year. Once your students learn how to complete the weekly activities, they'll be able to work independently.
- 60 Roots – Two Roots are introduced every week. The whole year is planned for you.
- Short Stories – Weekly Short Stories that focus heavily on words containing the roots of the week and provide reading comprehension opportunities. Students see new vocabulary in context.
- Activities – Rigorous and purposeful activities designed to increase vocabulary learning.
- Integration – Reading and Writing activities are integrated throughout the week.
- Consistency – Consistent weekly format that allows students to become familiar with the activities and promotes independent work.
- Teacher Tips – All activities are explained and include a suggested teacher script.
How it Works:
- Mondays – Two Roots are introduced in a chart with definitions examples, and word lists. Then, students complete a Fill in the Blanks activity.
- Tuesdays – Students practice the Roots they are learning in a variety of activities.
- Wednesdays – Students read a Short Story with root-focused vocabulary and answer Comprehension Questions.
- Thursdays – Students continue practicing and writing sentences.
Having the materials you need for your Word Study block takes a load off your shoulders. If you’ve been scrambling to figure out which roots to teach, when to teach each one, and how to give your students meaningful practice, give my resources a try.
Week 1 – in, un
Week 2 – dis, mis
Week 3 – re, ex
Week 4 – sub, en
Week 5 – y, ly
Week 6 – er, est-
Week 7 – ier, iest
Week 8 – er, or
Week 9 – ian, ist
Week 10 – ment, less
Week 11 – ty, ity
Week 12 – ous, ious
Week 13 – ful, ness
Week 14 – dom, ship
Week 15 – cian, tian
Week 16 – uni, mono, bi
Week 17 – tri, dec
Week 18 – tion, sion
Week 19 – micro, super
Week 20 – able, ible
Week 21 – under, over
Week 22 – terr, hydro
Week 23 – tele, photo
Week 24 – pre, de
Week 25 – ate, ary
Week 26 – ize, ify
Week 27 – il, ir, im
Week 28 – ance, ence
Week 29 – al, ic
Week 30 – spec, port
Cross Word Study off your list! Give yourself the gift of a zero-prep resource that helps you stay consistent without the stress of having to figure out what to do each week.
Try my Word Work Activities packet to see if it's a good fit for you.
**Other Grades Available**