If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the book, Green Shamrocks by Eve Bunting, use this literature unit for fun literacy, language and listening follow-up activities. The book tells the story of a rabbit who grows shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day. When he wakes up on St. Patrick’s Day morning, they’re gone. Find out what happened and how he got them back (book available at Amazon or other online book retailers.) This literature unit includes six activities including:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rabbit’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme
5. Farm Animal/Forest Animal Sort- Sort pictures of the animals in the story onto farm and forest mats
6. Following Directions- Follow directions to complete tasks on a grid page
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!