Are you looking for some fun and easy St. Patrick's Day activities to use with your little learners? This pack is the answer for you. Most activities are print and go or with little, very easy prep.Green Shamrocks is intended to be used after reading the book by Eve Bunting. These retelling activities are a favorite of my little ones! These packs help work on retelling and sequencing skills while having a whole lot of fun!
• Vocabulary Cards: Print on cardstock, laminate, and cut apart words or leave as a poster. Preview vocabulary from the story prior to reading and/or review vocabulary after reading the story. Place in writing center, pocket chart, or back with magnetic tape and use on magnetic board/cookie sheet. I have my students pick a card, write it down and draw a picture to illustrate the word.
• Story retelling cards: Print, laminate, and cut out. Give students a picture to hold during the story. When that student’s part is read he/she will hold up the picture. Print off two copies and play a memory type game. Also can be used with the cut and paste retelling activity to help little ones identify the picture needed.
• Story Puppets: Glue pieces on craft sticks to let little ones retell the story.
• Story sequencing: Cut and glue picture the sequence of events of the story in order.
• Essential Questions: Students can circle or color the correct answer.
• Emergent Reader: A simpler version of the story to encourage retelling by young readers.
Follow my store by clicking the green star and blog
to be notified when new products are posted!
New items are discounted 50% for the first 48 hours!