Also included in
- This bundle brings together our popular resources in Guided Reading planning. It includes a range of products for different reading types:NovelsShort storiesPicture booksPoetryEach product includes a number of detailed lesson plans, cross referenced to the text and page numbers of published texts (I$20.00$28.50Save $8.50
This guided reading planning unit is based around the children's picture book - Gregory Cool by Caroline Binch. Whilst the book is a picture book, the use of it has been developed within 4th and 5th grade children to focus on using research, close reading skills and higher order thinking, discussion and activities to raise standards in both reading and comprehension.
This product includes:
- 10 detailed lesson plans
- 7 additional resources
- Answer keys for comprehension questions and "Talk About" activities.
Lessons are very detailed and well planned - all being taught with my own students for the past few years.
Each plan is structured in the same way and includes:
- Lesson number in the sequence
- Page number/event being explored
- Lesson details (these always start with reading the extract from the book which is referred to, ensuring the children know what has happened), this is then followed by a variety of activities which could include:
- "Talk About" where a question is posed and the class talk about their ideas based on what they have read, understood and can back up with evidence from the text or their own experiences
- "Think About" where children internalise and think through a specific idea or issue independently
- Comprehension questions
- Whole Class activities to model and develop skills in reading, retrieval, comprehension and structuring responses.
- Answer Key for comprehension questions, class based discussions etc.
Alongside the 10 detailed lesson plans (which can be seen in the preview) there are also seven fully photocopiable resources. These are identified in the planning and are included within the download.
Simply purchase, download, print and go. You will need access to the book.
If you are interested in other Guided Reading planning documents and resources, why not click on the link below to take you to other products in our store which we have produced - all tried and tested with our own students:
Thank you for visiting our store and viewing our products. If you would like to be informed of new products, freebies or sales - why not follow us by clicking on the green star above?