If you're preparing for a nutrition unit I can't think of a more appropriate book you should include.
This collection of activities is based on Mitchell Sharmat's book Gregory the Terrible Eater and it's one of my favorites. There are whole group (and small) activities as well as independent work too.
This product is appropriate for all of first grade and early second.
It includes the following:
* sorting food into 4 food groups
* graphic organizers
* plan a healthy lunch for Gregory
* 4 tier II vocabulary words / definitions
* 3 writing prompts
* distinguishing between fact/fiction goat info
* non-fiction reading
* discussion questions
* BW / color bookmarks
* Gregory craftivity
* sorting events / "non" events in the story
34 pages + 4 (title, credits, etc...) = 38
Enjoy! Leslie Stephenson