This is a really fun set of 7 math centers with a grilling theme that your kiddos are sure to love! It is a perfect review for beginning of the year 4th graders or end of the year 3rd graders!
Skills covered include: Comparing Fractions, Ordering Fractions, Equivalent Fractions, Factors, Finding Area,Multiplication and Division.
The lesson includes:
1. Grilling Up Fractions: Students will compare fraction hamburgers! This is extra fun if you let them move the fractions with a spatula! Once they sort all the fractions, they fill in their answers on a recording sheet.
2. Comparing Corn: Students will order fractions of corn eaten and then record their answers on a recording sheet.
3. Factor Franks- Students have hot dogs with products on them and condiments with factors on them. They sort them and record their answers on a recording sheet.
4. Picnic Area- Students will make a red and white checkered tablecloth with the area listed on their card.
5. Melon Memory- Students will play memory with various math vocabulary words and definitions.
6. Drinking Up Division- Students will solve division facts and sort the quotients as even or odd.
7. Apples and Ants Arithmetic- Students will play a game by solving multiplication facts.
This would be a fun way to review for standardized tests or a great end of year informal math assessment!
Check out the preview for pictures of each activity!