Grimms Fairy Tale Radio Theater Play | The Brave Little Tailor | Grades 4 to 5
What educators are saying
Also included in
- SAVE 20% This bundle includes two radio plays, appropriate for grades three to five. Teach your students lessons from a theater education expert, me! Strengthen your students' reading, speaking and listening skills by using radio theater plays. Gifted students find these the perfect challenge, tooPrice $9.00Original Price $11.00Save $2.00
- SAVE 20% This bundle includes SIX radio plays, appropriate for middle and high school grades. Plus, I have given you the unit I use when teaching radio theater! Strengthen your students' reading, speaking and listening skills by using radio theater plays. The teacher is the best person to decide wPrice $42.80Original Price $53.50Save $10.70
- SAVE 20% This bundle includes three radio plays, appropriate for middle school grades and gifted upper elementary. Need something for differentiation? Plus, I have given you the unit I use when teaching radio theater! Strengthen students' reading, speaking and listening skills by using radio theaPrice $12.60Original Price $18.00Save $5.40
- BUNDLE! This particular bundle was created for a middle school teacher who requested it. Save up to 20% on bundles. YOU can do the same thing! Any two lessons can be bundled if you merely write me through my Questions/Answers page. Any grave level, any category, any lesson. THE PRICE WILL DEPENDPrice $89.78Original Price $93.24Save $3.46
Here's a fifteen minute comedy radio play adapted from the Grimms' Fairy Tale The Brave Little Tailor. This script has 20+ roles (plus crew) and was written especially for the classroom! Strengthen your students' listening, speaking, reading skills all at once. It's a one stop shop!
The story of The Brave Little Tailor: The brave little tailor kills seven flies with one blow, and manages to convince both giants and kings that he is indeed a force to be reckoned with. The hero in this story by the Brothers Grimm is armed with whit, cunning and a sense of humor. He conquers all before him, including a giant, a king and queen, and gets the princess.
The product includes:
- Warm-up--My version of a popular exercise
- A note to the director
- Grimms' Brothers fact--some surprising!
- Sound effects suggestions and how to use them
- Music suggestions with links
- How to stage a radio play with a floor plan for your use
- Tips for voicing the roles
- Radio theater terms (such as "up and under")
- Fifteen page radio play script complete with sound and music cues written by an award winning author, me!
- Original song--I'm the Greatest Giant
- A commercial which can be used in the play or switched out with one of your students' own!
This is a crowd pleasing radio play created by an award-winning drama teacher and author with 38 years of experience.
HOW DO I USE THIS SCRIPT IN MY CLASSROOM? If I were you, I'd use it with a fairy tales unit, drama, gifted or reading class. Or perhaps in an ESL class. It's terrific for the end of a semester and will tickle parents and others attending.
Here are some reviews on other Dramamommaspeaks products!
Storytelling with Student Created Pictures
"What a great way for students to work together on something creative!"
Costume Design with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
It Could Always Be Worse Reader's Theater Script
"I love this for a reading class lesson. Thanks!"
Comprehensive? You bet!
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will: FOLLOW ME
For more information about Dramamommaspeaks products, go to: Dramamommaspeaks
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.