Also included in
- Grab this huge bundle of functional life skills tasks for special education classrooms. Includes file folder activities, adapted books, flip books and worksheets perfect for independent work stations.Tasks:84 file folders536 worksheets20 adapted books18 flip books14 task boxesand more!These work taPrice $149.79Original Price $183.72Save $33.93
These life skills activities will give your special education students practice with basic skills they need for grocery shopping and independence in their community.
Put these no prep worksheets in your independent work stations before a community trip to the grocery store to practice skills like dollar up, more or less, recognizing signs, reading a receipt, shopping from a list, finding the correct aisles, and much more.
This life skills resource includes:
- 50 worksheets
- 25 topics - 2 levels each
- Level 1 - visual cues
- Level 2 - independent completion
- TpT Easel ready
Here’s how some teachers have used these grocery store worksheets:
- Morning work
- Early finishers
- Life skills units
- Group lessons and discussions
- Preparation for community based instruction (CBI) trips
Basic skills and life skills topics:
- Following directions
- Counting 1-5, 6-10
- Small or big sorting
- Refrigerator or freezer sorting
- Refrigerator or shelf sorting
- Grocery shopping sequencing
- Using a debit card sequencing
- Using a credit card sequencing
- Environmental print – signs
- Finding grocery store information
- Shopping from a list
- Grocery aisles
- Produce scales
- Do you have enough?
- Dollar up
- More or less
- Adding total cost
- Reading a receipt
- Tracing lines
- Completing maze
- Coloring the picture and tracing the letters
- Completing the picture
- Tracing the picture
⭐ Teachers like you love this resource ⭐
AWESOME resource! It saved me so much time using these worksheets instead of having to make them. I loved the activity of them using the receipt. It was an absolutely fabulous resource for functional math and life skills.
This was a great no prep resource! It has two levels so you can look and decide which is best for your students. Within our classroom I used it from independent work, morning work, and extra work. Great functional tropics!
I'm a first year teacher and still building my resources. These were exactly the skills that I wanted to teach, but couldn't figure out a good way to introduce them to my students. This activity made it easy to differentiate the teaching so that I was able to meet the needs of all of my students!!
Such a great resource. The worksheets are easy to print and use. Having the pictures in black and white with basic pictures makes copying such a breeze. Thank you!
More life skills and community instruction resources you will love!
- Functional Life Skills Worksheets - Fast Food Restaurant
- Functional Life Skills Flip Books - Community Sequences and Social Narratives
- Functional Life Skills File Folders - Community Skills Focus
Stay up to date!
Thanks for stopping by!