Kids LOVE the game BUMP IT! It's fun, fast paced, and helps to develop number fluency.
This is how you play:
- Player 1 rolls the dice and then doubles that number. Cover one of the cats with that number with your token. For example, if you roll a 4, then cover the 8 with your token.
- Now Player 2 takes a turn to roll the dice and cover the doubles number with their token. Then Player 1 takes their turn again, and so on.
- If the other player has their token on a cat you can “bump” that token off (that’s why the game is called Bump It!)
- However, once a player has two tokens on the cat, they have won that cat and no tokens can be bumped off of that particular cat.
- At the end of the game, the player with the most tokens on the board is the winner.
Lots of fun, and a great way to develop numeracy!
tags - CCSS 2.NBT.B.5, 2.NBT.B.8, 2.OA.B.2, bump it, bump it math, math games, math centers, math center games