Learn sight words with a Groovy Cat theme
! Encourage sight word fluency with this adaptable pack with 3 ways to play! These groovy games will have your students clamoring to practice their sight words!
Included are 220 sight word cards that correspond to the 11 Dolch Word Lists. Each card is labeled with a small number on the corner so you know which list it came from, this will make it easier to differentiate the game for each small group! I also included a page of blank cards for you to add any extra words your class is working on.
3 options for game play:
Hide and Seek Game
: arrange the cards face up and hide the small duckling picture under one card. Students take turns "seeking" the crown card by reading the word on the card they think the crown is hiding behind.
Snap! Style Card Game:
includes extra cards to enhance game play - take an extra turn, lose a turn, give a card to another player etc.
Memory Style Game:
print 2 sets of the cards and place them face down for students to find matches.
• Groovy Cat Classroom Decor Bundle
• Groovy Cat Themed Behavior Clip Chart
• Groovy Cat Center Signs
• Groovy Cat Themed Alphabet Match-Up
• Groovy Cat Phonological Awareness - Rhyming, Syllables, Initial Sounds
• Groovy Cat Themed Roll & Cover Addition & Subtraction Games
• EDITABLE Groovy Cat Students' Faces & Names Slideshow