Groundhog Activities Word Work With GR Blend Compound Words & Tongue Twisters
I've given the packet a groundhog theme, as the "Woodchuck Word Work" portion, provides a wonderful variety of activities for Groundhog Day, including some tongue twisting fun, perfect for your language arts block.
However, you can use this packet anytime, not just for Groundhog Day, as the compound word activities, as well as the GR consonant blend activities are very comprehensive.
As a special "Happy Groundhog Day!" I'm taking 25% off & knocking $2 off. Thanks for all that you do. :-)
- "Great resources. The visuals are great for English language learners. I used this at a word work rotation."
* Compound word activities: Games, word cards, worksheets, plus a "sunny" emergent reader flip booklet featuring 65 Dolch sight words, as well as 18 compound words, with "sun" as the root word.
The emergent reader, comes with 22 matching puzzle cards with colorful sunglasses on them, perfect for an independent center activity.
* There are also 42 (sets of 3), groundhog compound word cards to use as puzzles and for playing a variety of games with.
* I've included a blank, black & white set, so that students can make their own.
I've also included an alphabetical list of over 1,000 compound words that you can refer to, plus a cover to make an "I Spy 100 Compound Words For 100 Day" booklet.
* The packet also practices the GR consonant blend with a variety of activities for that.
* There's an alphabetical list of 92 GR consonant blend words, plus ...
* 92 GR consonant blend mini word cards, along with a "Feed the Greedy Groundhog's Grumbling Tummy" craftivity.
*There's also a set of alphabet cards that you can feed the groundhog as well, plus a tip list of what else you can do with the cards.
* An "adjective practice" groundhog graphic organizer
* A KWL worksheet
* A "Groundhogs Are, Can, Have..." worksheet
* Bookmark "worksheets"
* An "alphabetical order" worksheet with groundhog-related words
* "Gg is for groundhog" and several upper & lowercase letter worksheets
* "How much wood, could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" tongue twisting poster, with activities.
* A "How many words can you make using the letters in groundhog?" activity, with an answer key, plus . . .
* A groundhog word search, with Groundhog Day-themed words to find. Includes an answer key.
Be sure & check the PREVIEW for lots of samples.
Whew! I'm Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy "chucking" words with the groundhogs.
Click the LINK for more Groundhog Crafts & Groundhog Day Activities.
* Come join the fun on Facebook for my exclusive FREEBIES & Monthly Giveaways.
* Check out my educational Pinterest boards.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.